the adventure continues

Right, time for an update. its been a while since i entered into this blog. I'm gonna try and be more regular with my updates n future... time will tell!

since y last entry i have left Philadelphia, traveled to see the sights of Washington DC and now I an exploring the very tall urban jungle that is New York City!

Over all i loved my time in Philadelphia, its a city with a fantastic atmosphere and culture. i especially like the Philadelphia beer week! Chris did his best to make sure that i explored every brew pub available and as many beers as my liver and credit card to could handle! I especially loved a beer called Chocolate Oak Aged Yeti. how can you not love a beer called Yeti!

I took the MegaBus to Washington DC, i would certainly recommend the MegaBus over the Grayhound, the 3 hour journey cost me only $1.50 and the bus even had power points and free wifi! the downside was that the bus left at 3am! i didn't sleep much that night.

In Washington i stayed with a guy called Mark who i found via the website www.couchsurfing.org, Mark is a fellow cyclist and is planning a transcontinental cycle to put EyeOnAfrica to shame. he is planning a ride from Alaska to Argentina. we had a good time chatting about his ride. he reminded me of how it was when Ian and I were planning things. slightly disorganised but defiantly determined to pull to off!

I spent 4 days in DC exploring the city and its many landmarks. its a nice looking city but suffers from the same problem of other cities that were built to be capitals. Unlike Philadelphia is has no charm. it does have some interesting people though.

one night i met a cool guy called reed who has been travelling over Washington DC over the last year. each day he gives away $10 to a person he has met that day. no strings, only one question, "how will you spend the money?" on his website www.yearofgiving.com" he documents each of the stories creating a fantastic mix of people and stories. (surprisingly not all attractive women) he originally met Mark in a coffee shop a few months ago giving him his days $10. I met him at a party he was holding for all the people he has given to so far. After chatting to him about EyeOnAfrica and my random American travels he decided that that day he would give his $10 to me and tell a little of my story. (it was also very late in the day so maybe he was just getting a little desperate) hes a very interesting guy and I'm very glad i had the chance to meet him. it also means i have the cash for a new bike chain! Right now he is catching up on blogs so the entry about me isn't up yet but its coming!

Now I'm in New York i have spent the last few days exploring the city and its landmarks. i have snoozed in central park and taken the Staten Island ferry. its an impressive and very tall city.

the big news tho is that i may soon be working here! I may soon be working for Geothermal North America, so my next plan is to find a cheap flat and sleep in a real bed! :D i cant wait!